In car audio we can 3d print many different helpful parts: Amplifier racks, speaker adapters, speaker pods, subwoofer boxes etc. But when we need to attach different parts together we need to use heat set inserts. A heat set insert allows you to add metal threads to a part and take it on and off many times without ruining the threaded hole. But you need to design for the heat set insert properly and use this mounting technique to get the best results... Here's how!
Need wire and power distribution blocks? Get it from KnuKonceptz!
Thank you to them for being a monthly channel sponsor!
🔨 Recommended Tools and Materials:
✔️ Standard Insert Tips - https://amzn.to/3ltidtG
✔️ Metric Insert Tips - https://amzn.to/3LHSdFL
✔️ 10-24 Heat Set Inserts - https://amzn.to/42pZhg1
✔️ Metric Heat Set Insert Kit - https://amzn.to/3lkSaVC
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
🔊 Want more? Check out these links:
✅Car Audio Tutorial Library: https://bit.ly/CAFlearn
✅ FREE weekly training program: https://bit.ly/CAFlist
✅ Box Designs, BUILD YOUR OWN BOX!: https://bit.ly/CAFdesigns
✅Join the CAF Patreon Member Team: https://bit.ly/CAFpatreon
🔊🔊🔊 FULL VIDEO SERIES PLAYLISTS:🔊🔊🔊
- Ported Downfiring Subwoofer Build: https://bit.ly/CAFdownfire
- Dad's Sound Quality Daily Driver Build: https://bit.ly/CAFdadsSQ
- SEMA F150 Subwoofer Box Build: https://bit.ly/CAFf150
- LOUD Wrangler Build - https://bit.ly/CAFloudwrangler
- SQ Grand Cherokee Build - https://bit.ly/CAFgrandcherokee
- Stealth Hidden Bass SQ Build - https://bit.ly/CAFstealthaudio